I love creating cards featuring cacti and succulents. I am, however, far more successful at stamping cards with succulents than growing them. The Stampin' Up! set, Flowering Cactus, comes with everything you need to create trendy cards in amazing colours.
This medley features Calypso Coral, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz and white. I chose to use Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz in the card today - mainly so I could play with the little felt flowers that come in the flowering cactus product medley. They are so cute! The flowers have stitching on them, come in a variety of sizes and both Calypso Coral and Highland Heather colours are included.
This card design is a favourite of mine. I love playing with the various paper designs to find a combination I love. The patterned paper in this medley suits creating masculine cards as well. See a similar design HERE for a cactus card suitable for both the men and women in your life. The three panel designer series paper design works well with monochromatic papers too as you can see in this card design HERE.
Card Instructions and Tips:
- Cut a piece of 8 ½" x11" cardstock in half. Score in half and fold to create the card base.
- Cut the basic white cardstock to 5”x 3 ¾” and layer onto the card.
- Each of the 3 pieces of patterned paper measure 1 ½” x3 ½”. I have found the easiest way to line them up is to adhere the middle piece of patterned paper first.
- I used the Tasteful Labels dies for the centre but a rectangle would work as well. Stamp the saying in Pear Pizzazz ink.
- Use the coordinating dies and the Stampin' Up! Cut and Emboss machine to cut out the cacti. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the cacti and adhere as shown.
- The felt flowers adhere best with glue. I used the fine tip glue pen but tombow glue would also work well.