I'm so excited to be posting for Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights Winners Hop for those you voted to be in the top ten! Thank you to everyone that voted for me, it is much appreciated. I featured the "Sparkle of the Season" bundle from Stampin' Up! for my winning card that you can see HERE. The cork paper is so amazing that I wanted to use it again today for this winners hop. You will notice other similarities as I continued to use the amazing wreath dies found in the Seasonal Swirls dies by Stampin' Up!
Make it yourself:
Using your favourite patterned designer series paper is the easiest way to choose colours for cards. This pattern is from the Blackberry Beauty 12x12 designer series paper by Stampin' Up! It is the most gorgeous paper ever! It coordinates perfectly with the Cork 12x12 specialty paper and the Brushed Metallic 12x12 cardstock.
The gold shine adds additional beauty to the wonderful patterns found in the Blackberry Beauty designer series paper. To coordinate, I chose to die cut the wreath with Cinnamon Cider cardstock and used Blackberry Bliss cardstock for the main card. Adding gold and copper leaves from the Brushed Metallic 12x12 cardstock creates a beautiful wreath. The gold shimmer ribbon adds some additional sparkle and pulls it all together. I love the texture the cork adds to the cord and the contrast with the gold elements. In fact, I love it so much I created a completely different card featuring gold and cork HERE.
Very Vanilla paper adds a soft touch to the background and is embossed to give additional texture. If you live in Canada, I am happy to help you order all the supplies you need to create this card yourself. Contact me HERE for help with ordering and to ask questions.
Ensure you scroll down to download the complete instructions in my card recipe.
Follow the rest of the hop below:
Thank you very much for joining our hop!
Blackberry Beauty Thank You card.
- Sparkle of the Season bundle
- Blackberry Beauty 12 x12 designer series paper
- Cork 12 x12 specialty paper
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock
- Very Vanilla cardstock
- Cinnamon Cider cardstock
- Blackberry Bliss ink pad
- Gold shimmer ribbon
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Blackberry Bliss: 5½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4¼”
- Very Vanilla: 4" x 5¼"
- Blackberry Beauty designer series paper: strip 1" x 4¾"
- Cork 12x12 specialty paper: strip ¾" x 4 ½"
- Cinnamon Cider: approx. 3"x3" for die cut
Die cutting and Embossing:
- Emboss the top three quarter's of the very vanilla paper with the Thanks embossing folder.
- Die cut the fall wreath from the Cinnamon Cider cardstock
- Die cut a variety of leaves from the gold and copper cardstock
Stamp and Assemble:
- Stamp the sentiment using Blackberry Bliss ink at the bottom of the Very Vanilla layer as shown.
- Cut a notch out of one end of the Blackberry Beauty strip. Repeat with the cork strip.
- Adhere the gold shimmer ribbon to the bottom of the Blackberry Beauty strip as shown. Wrap the end around the back and adhere. (It may be easier to wrap the end around the very vanilla piece after adhering the strips to the card layer)
- Thread both paper strips through the wreath as shown. Adhere to the Very Vanilla card layer
- Adhere the Very Vanilla layer to the Blackberry Bliss card front.
- Use glue dots or mini dimensionals to adhere the gold and copper leaves to the wreath.
Theresa McEntee says
Wow! Great card. I love all the layers and textures.
Thank you very much! I'm slighty addicted to using embossing folders
Kylie Bertucci says
Pretty card Amy! Congrats on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!
Thank you for all your organization work - its been a great experience!
Melva Peters says
Thank you so much!
Ann Alexander says
Beautiful card! Love the colours!
THank you - the patterned paper is so pretty - it makes it so easy to choose colours
Diane Evans says
What a great card Thanks for sharing
You're welcome - thank you for the kind words
Teena Moore says
What a beautiful card Amy.
Thank you so much! Sorry for the delayed reply - I teach school and we just started.