I discovered kayaking this summer and just love it! The Adventurous Journey stamp set by Stampin' Up! is perfect for all your outdoor adventure loving friends and family. The kayak has realistic details including a wide brimmed hat on the kayaker! I found out that wearing a hat was critical to my kayaking adventures. I actually have a wide brimmed hat with a strap. My hat isn't very stylish but it work!
The Adventurous Journey stamp set is suitable for masculine birthday cards as well as for anyone going on an adventure. This time of year, many students are setting off to college and university - so not exactly kayaking but definitely an adventurous journey!
Create it yourself!
Scroll down for Paper Measurements, Supply List and full directions. A printable tutorial is available!
This masculine birthday card uses the He's the Man 12 x 12 designer series paper from Stampin' Up! The kayaking image is from the stamp set Adventurous Journey by Stampin' Up! The card adds a lot of detail in the background by roughing up the edges of the patterned paper and ripping it. Don't be scared to try it! The piece behind the kayak is one of the die cuts that comes in the He's the Man paper pack. You could make multiples of this card and simplify it by cutting a rectangle.
Check out the rowboat, the lily pads with the little fish swimming and the water waves also included in this set - Stampin' Up! designers did a fantastic job with this stamp set.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
February 2023 Host code: 2NUQSU62
Adventurous Journey Birthday Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Early Espresso: 5-½” x 8-½”, scored in half at 4-¼”
- Basic White: 5-¼” x 4”, scrap for kayak
- He’s the Man Designer Series Paper: 5-¼” x 4”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold the Early Espresso card base in half. A bone folder is optional but helpful for a crisp edge.
- Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto the die cut from the He's a Man designer series paper pack.
- Stamp the kayak in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock. I often stamp several so that after colouring, I can choose my favourite.
- Colour the stamped image using the Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- Fussy cut the stamped image using Paper Snips.
- Color the cut edges of the image using the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Using your fingernail (or another similar tool) to rough up the edges of the patterned paper layer. I often open my scissors and use the sharp edge.
- Use a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso ink to darken the edges of the DSP layer and the sentiment layer.
- Adhere the DSP layer onto the front of the card base.
- Adhere the kayak onto the sentiment layer.
- Adhere the sentiment layer with kayak onto the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals
- Adhere the Basic White card stock rectangle onto the inside of the card base