Ice cream cards are the best for summer birthdays or any occasion really! I love the bold look of the Super Cool stamp set by Stampin' Up! in the 2023-2024 Annual catalogue. You can take advantage of the retro feel by creating a background with repeated ice cream cone images. The Bubble Bath cardstock, patterned paper and the ink all match for a coordinated look. I tried different colour combinations but settled on the bold Basic Black to really take advantage of the 1970's vibe of the Super Cool stamp set that Stampin' Up! designed.
The Super Cool stamp set by Stampin' Up! is photopolymer which means that it is a clear stamp. The clear stamps are see through and make lining up the images to create the background so much easier. You can line up the bottom edge of the stamping block with a line on your grid paper to help keep the images even.
The stamp set comes with other fun images - I'm on holidays tomorrow so will be back later to show cards with the pretzel, vintage pop bottle and more! See a couple more cards and the stamp set below. Keep scrolling for a full tutorial!
What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? Drop me a comment and let me know! I love strawberry ice cream so was drawn to the Bubble Bath cardstock and ink.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
August 2023 Host code: XXXXMPEZ
Retro Ice Cream Card for Summer
- Super Cool 161438
- Basic White 159276
- Bubble Bath 161718
- Basic Black 121045
- Delightfully Eclectic 12” x12” Designer Series Paper 161640
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Bubble Bath (cardbase): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic Black (1st layer): 4” x 5 ¼”
- Basic White (stamped layer): 3 ⅞” x 5 ⅛”
- Basic White (ice cream layer): approx. 2” x 3”
- Bubble Bath (sentiment -scrap): approx. 2” x 3”
- Delightfully Eclectic (detail behind sentiment): ¾” x 4”
Stamping and Assembly
- Score the Bubble Bath Cardstock at 4 ¼” and fold on the score mark to create your card base.
- Adhere the Basic Black layer to the card front.
- Stamp the ice cream cone evenly across the bottom half of the Basic White stamped layer using Bubble Bath ink. You can use your grid paper to help you. Line up the bottom of your stamping block with a line on the grid paper. Continue to line up the bottom as you stamp across the Basic White layer.
- Turn the stamped layer around and stamp another row of ice cream cones. I offset this row so that the cherries alternated in the middle of the background layer.
- Adhere to the Basic Black layer.
- Stamp an ice cream cone onto the small Basic White piece in black. Cut out using your paper snips. Line up with the appropriate cone on the card front – snip off the bottom so that it aligns. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- To stamp the sentiment, I added both stamps to 1 stamping block. I slightly curved the “Sweet” stamp while placing on the block.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the Bubble Bath scrap. Cut out using the die as shown and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Notch the end of the Delightfully Eclectic strip and then adhere to the top left hand side of the card front as shown.
- Run a small strip of adhesive where you would like the ribbon to be. Loop it back and forth as shown. Trim the edges on an angle. Place a couple of Stampin’ Dimensionals onto the sticky spots remaining.
- Adhere the sentiment to the top of the ribbon, using 2 more Stampin’ Dimensionals if necessary.