Stamping underwater scenes with coral, little fish and even an anchor is so much fun! The Beauty of the Deep stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s new 2023-2024 annual catalogue has very detailed stamps that are easy to use. I also featured the new In Colors as the Copper Clay is perfect for the anchor. Keep scrolling for a complete tutorial.
What do you think of the angled look? I often line up my card layers evenly, but do enjoy throwing in an odd angle here and there. If you prefer straight cards, you could easily adjust the card layout. I created another underwater scene with different colours but some similarities HERE. Check out the straight layers and comment below and let me know what you prefer.
Make it yourself:
The Beauty of the Deep bundle includes fantastic dies that coordinate perfectly with the stamp set. Stampin' Up! really does create amazing die cutting bundles! See the bundle HERE
I also love the new colours. This colour combination is great for masculine cards.
I've created a full tutorial for you. Download or Print so you can create soon. I'd love to see your own underwater landscapes.
Beauty of the Deep Birthday Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Card Base: Wild Wheat 4 ¼“ x 11”
- First Layer: Basic White 4” x 5 ¼“
- Second Layer: Copper Clay 3 ½” x 4 ¾“
- Stamped Layer: Basic White 3 ¼” x 4 ½”
- Sentiment: Basic White scrap approx. ½ “ x 3”
- Basic White scraps for anchor and fish
Stamping and Assembly:
- Score the Wild Wheat card base at 5 ½”. Fold in half along the score line.
- Use a variety of stamps and inks to create an undersea landscape on the Basic White stamped layer. Have fun and try different combinations. The large coral was stamped in Wild Wheat slightly off centre, first. Add some plants to the left and right edges in Wild Wheat ink – turning the stamp so it is not perfectly straight or lined up each time. Add more plants using Garden Green ink. Stamp some bubbles in Blueberry Bushel ink.
- Use your blending brush to pick up some Blueberry Bushel ink, tap onto scrap paper and then blend on the top and the edges to add some colour to your undersea landscape. Leave some white space in the center.
- Adhere to the Copper Clay layer with the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Adhere on an angle to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Best Family Ever stamp set with the Copper Clay ink onto the Basic White strip, leaving space on the left-hand side for the notch and the right-hand side for the embellishment. Notch the left-hand side with your scissors.
- Cut a piece of Wild Wheat ribbon on an angle. Adhere to the top right of the stamped image as shown. Wrap the right-hand side under the Basic White first layer.
- Adhere the Basic White first layer (along with the attached Copper Clay and stamped layer to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp the two fish in Blueberry Bushel ink onto a scrap of Basic White. Cut out with the coordinating dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop them up on the card front.
- Stamp the anchor in Copper Clay onto a scrap of Basic White. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the bottom left of the stamped image as shown.
- Adhere the sentiment to the top of the ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a Copper Clay embellishment to the sentiment.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.