Double Z fold cards are easier to make than they look and the possibililities are endless. Today's design features the Storybook Gnome designer series paper by Stampin' Up! The cute gnome scenes on the paper make a cute card front to the double Z fold Christmas card. Make sure you scroll down for a a full tutorial, with card measurements for this adorable Christmas Gnome card. See another example of a double z fold card HERE.
True confession time, I don't like the Gnome set by Stampin' Up! but I do love the paper, so I bought just that. The Storybook Gnomes 12x12 designer series paper has the cutest little deer and foxes featured! The patterns and colours are wonderful. The patterned paper features Pool Party which is my current favourite colour. I even have a kettle that matches!
The saying "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is from a new, limited edition stamp set called Framed & Festive. It is available to demonstrators now and will be released to everyone in November. IF you can't wait, consider joining my team and see all the perks there is to being a demonstrator. Check it out HERE.
I used the All Bundled Up stamp set for the background snowflakes. It is another adorable set!
Make it Yourself!
The Double Z fold card can be put together easier and faster than you think. After making the first, they come together quite quickly. When looking down on the cards it looks like this:
- Stamp the background snowflakes before folding the card base
- Tie the ribbon either vertically or horizontally on the front. Choose whichever placement best draws attention to the gnome scene.
- Be careful when applying adhesive - only the far-right and far-left of the small Z are glued down to the larger Z card base.
Keep scolling for the printable tutorial!
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
May 2023 Host code: Z377VETR
Storybook Gnome Double Z Fold Christmas Card
- Framed & Festive 160888
- All Bundled Up 159824
- Storybook Gnomes 12 x12” Designer Series Paper 159615
- Pool Party 122924
- Bermuda Bay 131197
- Basic White 159276
- Pool Party 122924
- Pool Party Sheer Ribbon 152462
- Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels 158130
- Mini Glue Dots 103683
Cut paper and score as follows:
- Pool Party: 4 ¼ x 11” (score at 5 ½", 8 ¼")
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 3 ¼“ x 10" (score at 4 ½”, 7 ¼“)
- Basic White: 2 ½“ x 3”
- Designer Series Paper: 4 ¼“ x 3” (front piece)
- Designer Series Paper: 2 ½“ x 3” (inside)
Stamping and Assembly:
- Stamp the snowflakes from the All Bundled Up stamp set in Pool Party on the front of Pool Party card base.
- Fold the Pool Party card base to create a Z.
- Adhere the Pool Party sheer ribbon around the Storybook Gnome Designer Series Paper. Attach the ribbon either vertically or horizontally – whichever placement best highlights one of the cute scenes on the paper.
- Adhere the paper to the Bermuda Bay cardstock as shown below. Also adhere the middle piece of paper.
- Stamp the saying using Pool Party ink onto the Basic White rectangle. Adhere as shown above.
- Fold the Bermuda Bay cardstock along the score lines. Add adhesive under the far-right rectangle. Fold the Z closed. Line up with the middle of the inside back of the card and adhere.
- Add adhesive to only the far-left half of the underside of the Bermuda Bay front rectangle. Carefully fold into a Z, line up to middle of far right of Pool Party piece and adhere. When complete the card should like this. (see below)
- Tie a bow with the Pool Party ribbon. Adhere with a mini glue dot to the ribbon on the front of the card.
- Add 3 Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels to the front of the card and to the inside (if desired).
Barbara Velard says
Beautiful cards! Thank you for the instructions.
Amy Cook says
Thank you very much! You're welcome regarding the instructions. I hope they are clear and help you out!