Create this simple card featuring the Christmas Trees dies from Stampin' Up! quickly and easily. The Whimsical Tree bundle is so cute, but this card uses only the little tree dies instead of the stamp set. I think they are my favourite part of the entire bundle.
If you need to make a lot of cards this Christmas, this Christmas trees die card can be created using almost any patterned paper. I liked how the gold pairs with the Evening Evergreen paper in the Tidings of Christmas 6x6 designer series paper pack. Originally I was going to use two different patterns but simplified the design after trying many combinations. I'm happy with the result.
Using one piece of patterned paper as the background does make this card fast to assemble. I used the largest, scalloped rectangle in the Stitched So Sweetly dies to stamp the sentiment on. I cut it in half and plan on using it for a red Christmas card tomorrow. What colour is your favourite for Christmas cards? Leave a comment letting me know.
To help you create cards yourself, scroll down for the complete directions and measurements. If you live in Canada, you can support my blog and business by purchasing supplies for this card HERE.
Christmas Trees Dies Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Designer Series Paper: 4“ x 5¼"
- Basic White: 8 ½” x 5 ½"; scored at 4 ¼ for card base
- Basic White: 3 ¾ x 2 ¾ “
- Use the small trees dies and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine to cut out 3 trees out of the gold cardstock.
- Cut out 1 scalloped rectangle from Basic White using the largest rectangle die and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Stamp your choice of holiday sentiment on the bottom left corner of the scalloped rectangle.
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half along the score line to create the card base.
- Adhere the patterned paper to the front of the card base (the basic white) leaving a small, even border as shown.
- Adhere ribbon near the top edge of the scalloped rectangle. I like to use an inch of adhesive to the back on both sides, and wrap the ribbon around the front and adhere on the back.
- Adhere the 3 gold trees as shown.
- Use Stampin’ dimensionals to adhere the scalloped rectangle sentiment.
- Add a brushed metallic adhesive dot to finish the card.