Create this cute baby card featuring Stampin' Up!'s Elephant Parade stamp set. Elephants are adorable and just perfect for baby cards. The sentiments in the Elephant parade stamp set include "sweet little one", and "What a happy day!", both of which are perfect for elephant baby cards.
Make it Yourself:
Scroll down for a complete tutorial available to create this card yourself. The white crinkled ribbon is very versatile. Use Stampin' Blends to dye it any colour you like! Colouring this ribbon is quick and easy to do and an economical way to have ribbon match your card every time.
I used bright colours for a fun look. Parakeet Party and Polished Pink are a favourite colour combination for me lately.
Cute Elephant Baby Card
- Elephant Parade Bundle stamp set
- Tropical Hideaway stamp set
- Basic White 8½ x 11" cardstock
- Parakeet Party 8½ x 11" cardstock and ink
- Polished Pink 8½ x 11" cardstock
- Smoky Slate 8½ x 11" cardstock
- Polished Pink Stampin' Blend combo pack
- Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon White
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Parakeet Party: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, (card base). Use scrap for grass
- Basic White: 5 ¼” x 2”; 2 ¾ ” x 2 ¾ ”, 1” x 2” for banner, scrap for leaves
- Polished Pink: 3” x 3”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold Parakeet card base in half.
- Stamp Tropical Hideaway stamp onto large Basic white strip using Parakeet Party ink.
- Colour the white ribbon using the Polished Pink Stampin’ blends. Tie around the stamped strip as shown.
- Cut a notch on the end of the banner.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the banner in Smoky Slate ink.
- Stamp your choice of elephant in Smoky Slate ink on Smoky Slate cardstock. Cut out using the coordinating die using the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine.
- Colour the ears using the Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends
- Cut out 2 pieces of grass using the elephant dies and Parakeet Party card stock.
- Stamp leaves using Parakeet Party ink onto a scrap piece of basic white card stock. Lightly brush with parakeet Party ink to colour.
- Lightly brush the bottom of the Basic White square with the Parakeet Party ink.
- Adhere to the Polished Pink square.
- Adhere the grass to the basic white square near the bottom with Stampin’ Seal.
- Adhere the elephant and leaves, as shown, using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the saying and tropical leaves strip to the card front, making sure to leave room for the elephant square.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the elephant square to the card front.
Leave a Reply