I love Christmas ornaments so Stampin' Up!'s Decorated with Happiness stamp set was top on my wish list. The Christmas stamp set features coordinating die cuts and both give a whimsical, more modern look to Christmas cards. I also love traditional Christmas colours. Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler combine to give festive look.
I've created another Christmas card featuring the same Decorated with Happiness bundle. See it HERE. Both cards feature the same embossing folder, same Holiday bundle but due to the colours, give a completely different look.
Make it yourself!
Scroll down for a complete tutorial you can print or save.
Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler combine perfectly for Christmas cards. These two colours are featured in the Stampin' Up! Lights Aglow 6x6 Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. It is so popular it keeps selling out - if that is the case, I recommend embossing a piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock with the same embossing folder as the white piece. The Whimsical Woodland 3D folder is a fun embossing folder - cute too!
I also used the Evening Evergreen plaid ribbon. It is a country look that suits the colours used in this card. Keep scrolling for the full instructions, including measurements, below.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
August 2023 Host code: XXXXMPEZ
Decorated with Happiness Red and Green Christmas Card
- Decorated with Happiness* stamp set
- Decorated Pine* dies
- Thick Basic White: cardstock
- Basic White cardstock
- Evening Evergreen cardstock and ink pad
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Cherry Cobbler ink
- Lights Aglow 6”x6” Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder
- * or Decorated with Happiness Bundle to save 10%
- Windowpane Check Ribbon
- Label Me Fancy Punch
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Cherry Cobbler (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Basic White (embossed): 4” x 5 ¼” plus 3 more scrap pieces
- Lights Aglow Specialty Designer Series Paper: 2 ½ ” x 4 ¼ ”
- Evening Evergreen – approx. 4 ½ “x 3”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold the Cherry Cobbler cardstock on the score line to create card base.
- Emboss with the Basic White layer with the Whimsical Woodland embossing folder.
- Adhere the ribbon along the bottom of the Basic White as shown and then adhere to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the Lights Aglow piece to the left of the Basic White piece on the card front.
- Stamp two of the ornaments, of your choice, with Cherry Cobbler ink and then die cut out using the Decorative Pines die set.
- Die cut the pine branch in Evening Evergreen.
- Use the Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the branch to the top left of the card as shown.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the ornaments.
- Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler. Punch out using the Label Me Fancy punch.
- Punch out a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Cut in half and adhere to form a layer underneath.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment over the ribbon.