Do you love sparkly gold ornaments on your Christmas tree? I know I do! The Decorated with Happiness stamp set and bundle by Stampin' Up! contains a beautiful Christmas tree bough along with three different ornaments to die cut. This Christmas stamp set has a whimsical feel with splashes of colour that you can stamp to give a watercolour look to your Christmas cards.
Make it yourself!
Scroll down for a complete tutorial you can print or save.
My favourite greens right now are Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen. These two colours are featured in the Stampin' Up! Lights Aglow 6x6 Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. The Lights Aglow patterned paper also features gold accents and Cherry Cobbler. It is simply gorgeous and I may need to order an extra pack!
The gold accents pair beautifully with the Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen colours chosen. Whenever you use metallics, try to repeat them a few times on the card. It creates a more cohesive design and looks more professional. Here I've used the gold foil to cut out the ornament then added the gold elegant trim to tie it to the tree bough. Notice how I actually looped the gold trim around the branch? I then secured the bow with a mini glue dot.
Gold Accents were also added to the sentiment and a hint of gold ribbon peaks out from underneath as well. Keep scrolling for the full instructions, including measurements, below.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
October 2022 Host code: KGME3MRV
Decorated with Happiness Christmas Card
- Decorated with Happiness* stamp set
- Decorated Pine* dies
- Thick Basic White: cardstock
- Basic White cardstock
- Soft Succulent cardstock
- Evening Evergreen cardstock and ink pad
- Lights Aglow 6”x6” Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Gold Foil 12 x 12 sheets
- Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder
- Layering Circles dies
- Simply Elegant Trim gold
- Festive Pearls
- Gold and Vanila ⅜”Satin-Edged ribbon
- * or Decorated with Happiness Bundle to save 10%
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Thick Basic White (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Basic White (stamped): 1 ⅛ ” x 2”
- Soft Succulent (embossed): 4” x 5 ¼”
- Lights Aglow Specialty Designer Series Paper: 3” x 3”
- Evening Evergreen – approx. 4 ½ “x 3”
- Gold Foil Sheet: approx. 2” x 1 ½”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold the Thick Basic White on the score line to create card base.
- Die cut the 2 ¾” circle on the top half of the Soft Succulent layer. Emboss with the Whimsical Woodland embossing folder.
- Align the Lights Aglow square piece with the cut out circle and adhere to the card front.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the embossed Soft Succulent piece to the front.
- Die cut your ornament of choice using the Decorative Pines die set and the Gold Foil Sheets.
- Die cut the pine branch in Evening Evergreen.
- Loop a short piece of the gold Simply Elegant Trim around the die cut branch. Leave the piece under the branch - use the Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the branch to the top of the circle as shown. Use a mini glue dot to adhere the ends of the loop to where you would like the ornament to be.
- Use the fine tip glue pen to adhere the ornament to the bottom of the gold loop.
- Tie a small bow with the gold trim and adhere with a mini glue dot.
- Stamp the sentiment in Evening Evergreen on the 1” Basic White piece. Notch the ends to make a banner.
- Cut a 1” piece of the Gold and Vanila ⅜” Satin-Edged Ribbon and adhere to the bottom right so it will stick out from under the banner.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment over the ribbon.
- Add a few gold pearls.