Today's card features a traditional Christmas ornament hung from the tree but with a modern twist. I love how the Decorated with Happiness stamp set by Stampin' Up! features two step stamping with fun, yet traditional, images. Create your own Christmas scenes quickly and easily. Pair the Decorated with Happiness stamp set with the coordinating Decorated Pine dies for even more ornament possibilities.
See a completely different card with this stamp set HERE and another HERE.
Create it yourself!
This layout has been a favourite lately, you will notice several cards with the same measurement. See another Christmas card HERE featuring the Regal Reindeer stamp set. I created a birthday card for a plant loving friend HERE using the same layout.
Scroll to see the full tutorial with measurements.
This card features the Painted Christmas 12x12 Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up! The colours are beautiful and the patterns are amazing! I used the Pear Pizzazz green for the card base along with some Real Red for the ornaments and Garden Green for the tree branches. Here are the three main supplies used for the Christmas card.
You could swap out the design of the patterned paper to create multiple variations of this card. Similarly, choose a different card base that matches the Painted Christmas 12x12 designer series paper for to create lots of different cards.
Check back soon for more cards using a blue snowflake theme and the same card design!
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
May 2023 Host code: Z377VETR
Decorated with Happiness Red and Green Christmas Card
- Decorated with Happiness 159704
- Basic White 159276
- Pear Pizzazz
- Pear Pizzazz ink pad 155778
- Real Red ink pad 132708
- Garden Green ink pad
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Pear Pizzazz (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Basic White (stamped): 4” x 3”; strip for sentiment 1”x2”
- Painted Christmas 12x12 Designer Series Paper: 3 ¾“ x 5”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold Pear Pizzazz card base in half.
- Die cut the bottom edge of the basic white cardstock with the scalloped edge of the Basic Borders die.
- Stamp the greenery background in Pear Pizzazz ink. Stamp the more detailed greenery image directly on top with Garden Green ink.
- Stamp the ornament with Real Red ink so that it looks like it is hanging on the branches. Ink the background of the ornament stamp with Real Red ink and stamp off on scrap paper. Without reinking the stamp, stamp directly on top of the ornament as shown.
- Wrap the Real Red Mini Ruffled Ribbon around the bottom of the Basic White piece and adhere on the back.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the small Basic White piece.
- Use paper snips to notch the end as shown.
- Adhere over the Real Red ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the stamped Basic White piece to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
Leave a Reply