The Love of Leaves stamp set contains leaves with a beautiful watercolour look. The coordinating Stitched leaves dies make this set a fall must have. Today's fall card features Stampin' Up!'s Cajun Craze ink colour, which is a gorgeous deep rust colour. My favourite fall colour is actually red but the dark oranges are a close second. The fall colours in the Beauty of the Earth paper coordinate perfectly with the Cinnamon Cider background layer and the Cajun Craze leaf and card base.
This fall card also follows my favourite stamp design. Creating cards with 3 rectangles of patterned paper as a background is such and easy and versatile design. I created this bright puppy dog card that follows the same design. I have two more cards to share this week featuring the same design but Christmas themed.
Do you notice how the paper is cut to maintain the pattern cohesion? The Beauty of the Earth designer series paper is well suited to this technique. It also pairs so well with the Love of leaves stamp set. I would love for you to make this card yourself. I've included all the measurements below for you. Feel free to print the instructions and include a photo of your card in the comments.
Beautiful Fall Card featuring Love of Leaves stamp set
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Cajun Craze (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock: 5 x 3 ¾”, strip ½ “ x 3”
- Basic White: scrap approx.. 4 x 2 ½”
- Patterned paper: 3 pieces 1 ½” x 3 ½”
- Score the Cajun Craze cardstock in half and fold to create the card base.
- Adhere each of the 3 patterned paper pieces onto the Cinnamon Cider layer. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere to front of the card base.
- Stamp your choice of leaf with Cajun Craze ink and cut out with the matching die using the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine.
- Stamp the sentiment using Cajun Craze ink onto the Cinnamon Cider strip.
- Cut the end of the sentiment off on a angle. Adhere as shown to the card front.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the leaf.
- Tie a bow with the linen thread and adhere to the leaf.