This design was cased from my good friend, Wendy Fee. I've used the cute and sassy Forever Friendship set from Stampin' Up! 2022-2023 annual catalogue. I even created a Christmas card with this design that you can see HERE. I love using card designs in new ways and then I don't need to worry about measurements as all that work is already done!
The Forever Friendship stamp set from Stampin' Up! features three images with funny sayings. I will be showcasing cards created with this set this week - check back for 2 more cards soon.
I'm looking forward to sending this card to my good friend - it suits me very well - I considered including pictures of my failed house plants but didn't want to make anyone sad. Here is the inside:
Make it yourself
I've used Pale Papaya cardstock for the card base as it pairs so well with any greens. Soft Succulent and Old Olive were used to colour the plants. The Stampin' Blends are very fun and easy to colour with. The Forever Friendship stamp set is good for beginners to start using alcohol markers as the images are small and easy to add touches of colour to.
Scroll down for a full supply list and tutorial.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
August 2023 Host code: XXXXMPEZ
Forever Friendship card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Pale Papaya (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”; 3 ¾“x 5”
- Basic White (stamped): 4” x 3”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold Pale Papaya card base in half.
- Stamp the sentiment “Unlike most of the plants I’ve owned” on the inside of the card.
- Rip the bottom edge of the Basic White piece.
- Stamp Forever Friendship plant stamp onto Basic White piece using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom of the Basic White piece as shown.
- Colour using your choice of Stampin’ Blends. I used the Pool Party to edge the outside and give dimension. To keep it light, I used the Color Lifter to soften the edges. Similarly, add “ground” with the light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and Color Lifter.
- Wrap the Linen thread several times around the Basic White piece and adhere on the back with Stampin’ Seal.
- Emboss the Pale Papaya rectangle piece with the Fern 3D embossing folder by running it through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine. Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the stamped and coloured Basic White piece to the embossed layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Colour 2 of the Classic Matte Dots with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. Adhere to the bottom right of the Basic White piece as shown.