Sneak Peek of the new Good Feelings stamp set by Stampin' Up!. I love the amazing sentiments in this set. I paired the Good Feelings stamp set with the Dragonfly Garden stamp set and used Polished Pink cardstock to create 2 similar pretty cards. "I'm just so Happy for You" is a very versatile sentiment. This card could be used for a birthday card, wedding card or a congratulations card and more.
Be inspired with three more cards made with this set HERE. Full tutorial available.
This or That??
Which do you prefer? The bold, Polished Pink card or the softer card made with the New Horizons 6x6 Designer Series paper? Let me know in the comments. To create these two cards I started with the softer, patterned paper and was happy with how the white embossing added background detail to the card. I then used the same design on the Polished Pink cardstock and now I'm having a hard time deciding which is my favourite. The flowers and butterflies show more clearly in real life than in my pictures.
Make it yourself!
Both Good Feeling Stampin Up cards feature the sentiment stamped on a tag created using the Tailor Made tags dies. I used the largest one and added the pink grommet to one but not the other. I'm very happy with how the saying pops in the Polished pink ink on the tag. This is a good card to try if you are new to embossing. Scroll down for the complete set of instructions and a material list.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
August 2023 Host code: XXXXMPEZ
Good Feelings Polished Pink Stampin' Up! Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Thick Basic White: Cut in half for card base - 5½ x 8½; score at 4¼
- New Horizon 6 x 6 designer series paper: 4 x 5¼ for card 1
- Polished Pink: 4 x 5¼ for 2nd card
- Basic White paper approx. 2" x 4" for tag dies
- Get ready for embossing by first folding a piece of copy paper in half and then opening back up. This creates a crease that will be useful to help you pour the left over embossing powder back into the container.
- Stamp the flowers onto the left of the New Horizons or the Polished Pink paper in Versamark ink. Stamp the butterflies scattered in the right corner. I stamped them 3 times.
- Lay the stamped paper on top of the creased copy paper. Liberally, sprinkle white embossing powder onto the wet ink. Carefully lift it up and shake the excess powder off. A small brush can be used, if necessary, to remove embossing powder from areas you don't want it.
- Carefully heat set the embossing powder until it is shiny. Be sure to hold the stamped paper away from the rest of the embossing powder while heating.
- You can reuse embossing powder. Use the crease on the copy paper to help pour the embossing powder back into the container to reuse.
Die cutting and Assembly:
- Adhere the embossed pink backgrounds to the Basic White card bases.
- Stamp the sentiment with Polished Pink ink onto the Basic White cardstock.
- Use the Tailored Made tags dies and the Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine to cut out the sentiment.
- Tie white twine or ribbon on the tag and trim.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the tag to the card.