The bright colours used for my Peace to You Christmas card are a welcome change to traditional Christmas colours. The Peace to You stamp set by Stampin' Up! contains a beautiful nativity scene that is easy to stamp and cut out for your Christmas cards this year. I love how the traditional nativity scene has been given a more modern look.
Make it yourself!
I used two more of Stampin' Up!'s "In Color"s for today's card. Tahitian Tide pairs so well with Starry Sky. They both have bright hues that compliment each other very well. Similar to this Christmas card made with Tahitian Tide, I used Stampin' Up! blending brushes to add colour and to soften the stark contrast between the blue and white layer.
The Peace to You stamp set by Stampin' Up! features two bold images that lend a modern feel to religious Christmas cards. My favourite is the nativity scene shown in todays card, but the other is also classic with a traditional church in the woods scene. I also used the Labels Aglow dies to add the dot detail on the top and bottom of the white layer. Some sparkly Tahitian Tide Metallic Woven Ribbon adds some additional interest this cheerful Christmas card.
To create the sentiment - I used the die in the Labels Aglow die set and cut it out twice. The second pass through the Cut and Emboss machine, I moved the die forward and adjusted it so that the edges lined up and then passed it through again just enough to cut the side and make it shorter. You could simplify this step and use a plain rectangle.
Keep scrolling for complete directions, supply list and measurements.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
November 2023 Host code: WAWZEAVN
Peace to You Christmas Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Starry Sky: 8 ½ ” x 5 ½ ” - scored at 4 ¼ ” and folded in half
- Tahitian Tide: 5 ¼ ” x 4”
- Basic White: 5” x 3 ¾ ”; approx. 3” x 4” for image + scrap for sentiment
Stamping and Assembly:
- Adhere the Tahitian Tide layer to the front of the card base and set aside.
- Use the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine and the long rectangle die to die cut the dot detail on the top and bottom of the large white layer as shown.
- Use a Blending Brush to pick up Tahitian Tide ink from the inkpad. Begin brushing it on from the short edge with the dot pattern, taking care to begin off of the edge of the cardstock. Continue to add ink and swirl it over the bottom and top edges of the card until the edges are darker than the center, and you’re pleased with the results. Adhere to the card base.
- Ink the image well with Starry Sky ink and stamp with onto 3 x 4 white piece. Fussy cut with paper snips.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of basic white cardstock. Die cut the sentiment with the appropriate die from the Labels Aglow dies and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Ma-chine. If you would like a shorter piece, as shown, you will need to cut the piece out as follows: First die cut the saying with the die close to one edge. Move the die over to the other edge and wiggle it a little bit for the dotted edges to align. You will feel when it “grips” a spot. When cutting it the 2nd time, run it through the Stampin’ Cut and Em-boss machine part way and then reverse.
- Cut a 4” piece of the Tahitian Tide Ribbon. Adhere to the back of the die cut, and snip the ribbon ends on an angle. Adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finish the card with a few Rhinestones..
- Scan for supply list