Rainbow of Happiness is such a fantastic name for a new stamp set and bundle. Stampin' Up! has created a fun and happy rainbow stamp set for both young and old stampers. The coordinating paper, Sunshine and Rainbows 6x6 Designer Series Paper, includes fun patterns in bright colours. Most of the paper has rainbows on one side and a pattern on the other. This Z fold card is easy to make with the measurements in my card tutorial below. If you love Z fold cards, see my Sparkle of the Season Z fold card HERE. Keep reading to see how the paper perfectly co-ordinates with the Brilliant Rainbow dies by Stampin' Up!
Coordinating Sunshine and Rainbow paper
The Brilliant Rainbow dies match not only the stamp set but the free sale-a-bration paper as well. The Sunshine and Rainbow paper will be available in January and February with a qualifying order of $60. A perk of being a demonstrator is that I am able to order some wonderful products early. The dies come with cute little clouds, a fantastic border, shaker style rainbow cut outs and a wonderful medium sized rainbow. The medium rainbow is what I used for this card. It fits perfectly on the rainbows printed on one of the papers.
This is the easiest way to make a rainbow. Unfortunately, I was being particular about matching colours and wanted to replace the Granny Apple Green. Pool Party cardstock matched the paper in my Rainbow of Happiness card better. I used the same rainbow die to cut out a Pool Party rainbow piece, glued it down and had a perfectly matched rainbow to go on my Z fold card.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
August 2023 Host code: XXXXMPEZ
Rainbow of Happiness Z fold card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Designer Series Paper: 2 pieces:3 ¾” x 2 ¼“ and 3 ¾” x 2 ¾“
- Cut one strip of the rainbow piece of designer series paper. Then cut one rainbow out. Leave space around it to allow you to adhere it to the Basic White rectangle.
- Bermuda Bay: 4¼ “ x 11” scored at 5½“ and 2¾“ folded as shown below
- Basic White: 3 pieces: 4 x 5 ¼“; 3½ x 2½”; 2½ x 4”
- Melon Mambo: 3 ¾ x 2 ¾“
- Pool Party: small scrap for rainbow layer
- Use the medium rainbow die and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine to cut out a rainbow in the centre of the 3½ x 2½ piece of Basic White. (a little high is ok)
- Die cut the Pool Party cardstock scrap with the medium rainbow die
- Stamp the sentiment with Bermuda Bay ink underneath the die cut rainbow on the Basic White cardstock.
- Lay the Bermuda Bay card base horizontally with the 2 scores to the left hand side.
- Adhere the largest piece of Basic White cardstock to the right side of the Bermuda Bay card front – the side with no scoring.
- Adhere the widest piece of patterned paper to the far right of the basic white, leaving a small, even border as shown.
- Layer the patterned paper onto the other Basic White rectangle. Similarly, there should an even border around the perimeter.
- Adhere the Basic White and patterned paper layer onto the far left of the Bermuda Bay card front. The score line/fold should be next to this and it should have an even border.
- Adhere the single rainbow from the patterned paper onto the die cut rainbow. Layer and adhere this to the Melon Mambo cardstock.
- Use the fine tip glue pen to adhere the Pool Party Rainbow strip to the medium rainbow to cover up the green strip. (make sure you choose the correct size rainbow layer)
- Using adhesive on only the left hand side of the Melon Mambo piece, adhere to the very front of the card when it is folded as shown.
- Add some sparkle with a Wink of Stella pen.