The Regal Reindeer stamp set from Stampin' Up! has all the components you need for a Scandinavian or North Pole style Christmas card. An adorable little girl paired with a regal reindeer outfitted in bells. The coordinating dies are featured in a Christmas scene card I featured last week. See the tutorial and card HERE.
Today's card features traditional Real Red as the card base. The images are good to colour with if you are a beginner as you can add just touches of colour. I used Stampin' Blends in a Real Red, Crumb Cake and Old Olive to create the Regal Reindeer Christmas card.
This card design is my favourite right now. I'm hoping, you too, will see how versatile it is and design your own cards. You can see more ideas of how I used the design in a birthday card HERE. I love how using an existing design makes creating cards so much easier! No need to work out measurements, most of the work has already been done.
Make it yourself!
Today's card is suitable if you are a beginner stamper. There are not a lot of products required. You could even skip using the embossing folder and use patterned paper instead as seen in this card. Using a plain piece of Real Red cardstock would look great as well and make the card even easier to use.
I do have two tips to help create this card.
- Place both the little girl and the reindeer stamp on 1 large block. Carefully line up the bottom and put them close together. This allows you to stamp them together and then you don't need to worry about lining up the stamped images. It also makes it easier to let the reindeer go off the edge of the Basic White cardstock while still making the overall image appear centered.
- Use the light Pool Party Stampin' Blend marker to add shadow beneath the girl and reindeer. Add some "snow" as well so that the images are grounded rather than appearing to float.
Keep scrolling for the printable tutorial! If you want to buy all the supplies shop HERE
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
November 2022 Host code: KN2QMRMP
Regal Reindeer Christmas Card
- Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder 156392
- Festive Pearls 159963
- Simply Elegant Trim 155766
- Real Red Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack 154899
- Basic Black Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack 154843
- Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack 154882
- Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack 154883
- Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack 154892
- Pool Party Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack 154894
- Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Real Red (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”; 3 ¾“x 5”
- Basic White (stamped): 4” x 3”
- Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold Real Red card base in half.
- Place the little girl and the reindeer stamps on the same block and position as close together as possible, as shown. Stamp onto Basic White piece using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- Rip the bottom edge of the Basic White piece.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom of the Basic White piece as shown.
- Colour using your choice of Stampin’ Blends. I used the Light Pool Party to edge the outside and give dimension. To keep it light, I used the Color Lifter to soften the edges. Similarly, add “snow” with the light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends and Color Lifter.
- Wrap the gold elegant trim several times around the Basic White piece and adhere on the back with Stampin’ Seal.
- Emboss the Real Red rectangle piece with the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder by running it through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine. Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the stamped and coloured Basic White piece to the embossed layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Adhere 2 of the festive pearls to the bottom right of the card as shown.