The Bloom Where You're Planted 12 x 12 designer series paper by Stampin' Up! is fun to use with it's depictions of beautiful plants. This simple card shows off the patterned paper rather than focusing on a stamped image. I have several other cards created using the gorgeous Bloom Where You're Planted paper that you can find HERE and HERE. Scroll down for complete measurements and directions.
Make it yourself:
I used the Cinnamon Cider cardstock to layer the Bloom Where You're Planted 12 x12 designer series paper and the Evening Evergreen for the card background. The Stitched Greenery die creates amazing backgrounds with beautiful, stitched leaves scattered throughout. It is easy to miss in Stampin' Up!'s 2021 annual catalogue but it is so versatile and creates gorgeous backgounds. I love it!
The Tailor Made Tags are die cut using another piece of the Bloom Where You're Planted 12 x12 designer series paper and the brick pattern coordinates with the Cinnamon Cider layer.
To recreate this design using any patterned paper you own, pick out 2 of the predominant colours from the paper first. Stampin' Up! designer series paper has coordinating cardstock colours for every colour you see. This makes creating cards so easy! The top design tip for great cards is to always have your main colour or two repeat.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
November 2023 Host code: WAWZEAVN
Enjoy creating this card yourself and feel free to use different paper and colours. Share a picture of your card in the comments. I would love to see your design.
Bloom Where You're Planted Quick and Easy Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Thick Basic White: 5-½” x 8-½” scored at 4-¼”
- Evening Evergreen: 4" x 5¼"
- Cinnamon Cider: 3¾” x 3¾”
- Bloom Where You're Planted 12 x12 designer series paper: 3½" x 3½”
Die Cut and Stamp:
- Stamp saying of choice on the Basic White cardstock scrap with the Evening Evergreen ink. Die cut with the smaller Tailor Made tags die
- Die cut a larger, coordinating tag out of the brick pattern paper.
- Die cut a little circle out of a scrap piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- Create the pattern on the Evening Evergreen paper with the Stitched Greenery die. The die will be larger than the paper, this is ok.
- Adhere the Evening Evergreen cardstock to the card base.
- Layer the Bloom Where You’re Planted patterned paper to the Cinnamon Cider cardstock and adhere to card base to the right side as shown.
- Adhere the small circle to the white, smaller, stamped tag. Layer onto the larger tag and tie with the white baker's twine.
- Adhere to the left side of the card, as shown, using Stampin' Dimensionals.