Who doesn't like wreaths? Christmas wreaths add a welcoming touch to front doors across the country. This card features a holly wreath from the Sparkle of the Season bundle by Stampin' Up! A simple Z fold adds interest to the design and the "Tidings of Christmas" patterned paper adds beautiful colours to an otherwise simple card. See some fall inspired cards featuring Sparkle of the Season wreaths HERE and HERE
Z fold cards are easy to make once you know the measurements to use. I created a bright and fun Rainbow of Happiness card featuring a Z fold as well. See it HERE. Want to try a Double Z Fold card? See the full tutorial HERE
Scroll to the bottom to use my easy to print card recipe with complete measurements and instructions to make yourself.
Make it yourself:
I started with the Tidings of Christmas 6x6 designer series paper by Stampin' Up! The patterns are so pretty! Choose your favourite for the background. I then pulled the 2 greens from the paper to create the wreath. Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent are two colours I would not normally pair together but I like the final look. I found using only one wreath looked too skimpy but layering two wreaths created a full looking wreath easily.
I also used the Jolly Felt to add some festive holly berries to the Christmas wreath card. I love that the Sparkle of the season dies allows you to cut out 6 berries at one time.
If you are in Canada and would like to make this yourself you can purchase the supplies needed HERE in my store. I appreciate your support of my business.
Want to purchase premade cards?
I am happy to create a set of Christmas cards for you to give to friends and family this Christmas. Contact me to make arrangements.
Sparkle of the Season Christmas Wreath card
- Sparkle of the Season bundle
- Tidings of Christmas 6x6 designer series paper
- Basic White 8 ½ x 11 cardstock
- Evening Evergreen 8 ½ x 11 cardstock
- Soft Succulent 8 ½ x 11 cardstock
- Cherry Cobbler 8 ½ x 11 cardstock and inkpad
- Jolly Felt
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Designer Series Paper: 3 ¾ ” x 2 ¼“; 3 ¾” x 2 ¾ “
- Evening Evergreen: 4¼ “ x 11” scored at 5½ “ and 2¾ “ folded as shown below; 4x4 for wreath
- Basic White: 4 x 5 ¼“; 3½ x 2½”; 2½ x 4”; plus a strip ½” x 3½“
- Cherry Cobbler: 3 ¾ x 2 ¾ “
- Soft Succulent: 4x4 for wreath
- Use the holly wreath die and the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine to cut out 2 wreaths. 1 out of Evening Evergreen and 1 out of Soft Succulent
- Cut out 4 or 5 cherry cobbler felt holly berries with the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine.
- Stamp “Merry Christmas” with Cherry Cobbler ink onto the Basic White strip. Cut the end on an angle.
- Lay the Evening Evergreen card base horizontally with the 2 scores to the left hand side.
- Adhere the largest piece of Basic White cardstock to the right side of the Evening Evergreen card front – the side with no scoring.
- Adhere the widest piece of patterned paper to the far right of the basic white, leaving a small, even border as shown.
- Layer the shortest Basic White rectangle onto the Cherry Cobbler. You will know you have the correct piece if it aligns with a small border evenly around the perimeter.
- Layer the patterned paper onto the other Basic White rectangle. Similarly, there should an even border around the perimeter.
- Adhere the Basic White and patterned paper layer onto the far left of the Evening Evergreen card front. The score line/fold should be next to this and it should have an even border.
- Using adhesive on only the left hand side of the Cherry Cobbler piece, adhere to the very front of the card when it is folded as shown.
- Layer both wreaths on top of each other and adhere to the left side of the front.
- Use Stampin’ dimensionals to adhere the Merry Christmas banner
- Add the felt holly berries with Stampin’ glue dots.
Hilda Burton says
Amy, I found you on Pinterest and love your beautiful cards and clear instructions. I love this card and this Z-fold design. Enjoy your day!