Welcome to Kylie Bertucci's International highlights - I am aiming to be one of the top 10 for August! If you love my Sparkle of the Season card as much as I do - please vote for me HERE. The link will take you to this month's gallery where you can vote for your 5 top favourites. Be sure to read to the bottom and download the free card "recipe".
My card features Stampin' Up!'s new Sparkle of the Season bundle. It is perfect for creating thank you cards for the upcoming fall season. The matching Seasonal Swirls dies create three different wreath templates along with coordinating bits and pieces to create beautiful cards for Christmas and Thanksgiving. The sentiments included may be used for Thank-you cards, Halloween along with Christmas. Today's card uses the saying "thankful for you". This sentiment fits nicely into the tag. I enjoy using tags for sentiments as then you never need to worry about stamping crooked!
The fall colours I chose for the card are based on the jolly felt pack in the new July - December mini catalogue from Stampin' Up! I think the felt was meant for Christmas cards but I feel the colours are perfect for Fall leaves. The card base is Basic white with Old Olive as the first layer. The felt leaves are in Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Bumblebee. I also used the bumblebee colour for the gingham ribbon. Anytime you can repeat colours it helps to pull the card together creating a more professional look.
I used Cinnamon Cider for the wreath as it paired well with the new Cork 12x12 Specialty paper. The Cork paper is amazing! It is soft and has an almost velvet texture. It cut very cleanly and easily. I was also pleasantly surprised by how easily the Seasonal Swirls dies cut through the felt. I recommend trying both these new products.
The "Sparkle of the Season" stamp set coordinates wonderfully with the Seasonal Swirls dies. I recommend purchasing it as a bundle to save 10% of the purchase price. This was the first bundle in the new catalogue I knew I wanted to play with! I created another card featuring the cork and fall wreath that shows you a different look by altering the colours. See it HERE. I appreciate how versatile it is and am looking forward to creating Christmas cards with it as well.
The card below is the same as above but I focussed on the Bumblebee and Old Olive and omitted the Cherry Cobbler. Which one do you prefer? What are your favourite fall colours? Leave me a comment below and I will randomly pick a comment to mail this card to.
Make it yourself!
Do you live in Canada? If so, you can help support my business by purchasing the products needed to create this card from me HERE.
Sparkle of the Season Fall Thank You Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Thick Basic White: 5½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4¼”
- Old Olive: 4" x 5¼"
- Cork: 3" x 4"
- Basic White: roughly 3"x4" then die cut scalloped rectangle die, scrap for tag
- Cinnamon Cider: roughly 3 ½ x 3½" then die cut wreath and small circle for tag
- Stamp the "thankful for you" saying in Old Olive onto the tag as shown.
- Emboss the Old Olive cardstock with the Tasteful Texture embossing folder and adhere to the folded Thick basic white cardbase
- Adhere the Cork layer
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the scalloped rectangle
- Use the Fine tip glue pen to adhere the Cinnamon Cider wreath. Use glue dots or mini dimensionals to adhere the felt leaves.
- Glue the Cinnamon Cider circle onto the tag. Pull the Bumblebee gingham ribbon through. Adhere with dimensionals.