The New Horizon designer series paper by Stampin' Up! is full of watercolour scenes that are gorgeous. This birthday card is stunning in its simplicity and allows the New Horizon paper to be showcased. The coordinating On the Horizon bundle includes silhouette die cuts that are used to create landscape scenes.
The mountain die cut is paired with the freeform shape to create a lake scene. The On the Horizon stamp set adds the flying birds in the background. It can be difficult to tell which way is "up" but I think both directions look fantastic.
The saying "Relax your way" is suitable for a birthday card, retirement card or both Father's day cards and Mother's day cards. I cut it out using the Tasteful Labels from Stampin' Up! You could use a circle or plain rectangle as well, but I liked the stitched detail in this die cut.
I used Blackberry Bliss cardstock to highlight the colour in the New Horizon paper. Blue would also work well. Adding the white Baker's twine adds a subtle finishing touch.
Make it yourself!
This card comes together quickly if you own the Stampin' Up Cut and Emboss Machine (yes, that's a mouthful!) Scroll down for a printable card recipe with full measurements and instructions.
To begin, choose your favourite piece of Stampin' Up!'s New Horizon paper. Picking your favourite will be the hardest part for sure! Cut it in half at 3". I like how this card design uses the New Horizon paper very efficiently. I need to work on not being afraid to waste paper. Next, layer with a coordinating colour of cardstock. Similarly, die cut a couple of your favourite landscape scene pieces from the On the Horizon bundle by Stampin' Up and attach. Stamp some little flying birds to complete the scene. Lastly, wrap the twine around the scene you created and adhere to the card front. Pop up the sentiment with Stampin' Up! dimensionals to complete the card.
Scroll down for the tutorial. Here are three more ideas for you!
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
February 2023 Host code: 2NUQSU62
New Horizon 6x6 paper creates gorgeous cards!
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Thick Basic White: Cut in half for card base - 5½ x 8½; score at 4¼ plus scrap for sentiment and mountains
- New Horizon 6 x 6 designer series paper: 3 x 5¼
- Blackberry Bliss: 3⅛ x 5⅜
- Night of Navy: scrap for lake
Die cutting and stamping:
- Use the Horizon dies to cut out a mountains from the basic white.
- SImilarly, cut out the water from the Night of Navy cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of Basic White cardstock in Blackberry Bliss ink. Die cut with the Tasteful Labels dies as shown.
- Stamp the little birds in the top left corner using Night of Navy ink.
- Adhere the mountain and water to the New Horizon paper. Trim with your paper cutter to fit.
- Adhere to the Blackberry Bliss layer.
- Wrap white Baker's twine around the bottom as shown. Adhere on the back.
- Adhere to the Basic White card front.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the sentiment.
Do you want more Recipe cards?
Amy and Wendy's Recipe cards is a new initiative my friend Wendy and I are excited to introduce to you. Recipe cards contain two sketches complete with directions and measurements. January's featured stamp bundle is Garden Greenhouse but can be used with any stamp set. Why should you try them?
Recipe Cards will:
- make stamping easier with directions and measurements
- inspire you with 3 cards examples on each recipe card
- help you start stamping faster
- reduce frustration
- FREE to try this month!
More information available HERE