Why am I posting a thank you card so close to Christmas? This card featuring the Sweet &Treats stamp set would be perfect to give as a thank you card at Christmas as so many of us show our love and thankfulness through yummy treats. Personally though, there have been more cancelations and restrictions due to Covid so I'm feeling a bit grumpy. So I'm trying to be thankful. Right now I'm thankful I get to look forward to apple pie!
I love how the black gingham makes this card pop! The Thanks & Hello embossing folder gives great texture to the background. I must admit I may be addicted to embossing folders, they're make fantastic backgrounds with a quick pass through the Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine. This Thank You folder is from the Thanks & Hello embossing set which fits in the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine. This smaller machine is so cute, but more importantly fits on your desktop easily and is more affordable. All the sets in the catalogue are marked with the mini symbol so you know which die sets will fit in it.
If you live in Canada, you can purchase all supplies to make this card from me in my online store. The Sweet & Treats stamp set is only available until Jan. 4, 2022, so don't delay. Here is a complete "card recipe" for you to follow, complete with measurements.
Sweet & Treats Thank You card
Cut paper to the following measurements:
- Blushing Bride: 8 ½” x 5 ½”; scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White: 4” x 3”; 2 ½” x 1 ½”
- Designer Series Paper: 2 pieces – 3 ½” x 2 ½”
Stamping and Assembly
- Fold the Blushing Bride cardstock on score line to form card base.
- Emboss the front of the Blushing Bride card with the Thanks folder using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the 2 pieces of DSP to the left side of the card offsetting the pieces.
- Cut out the 3 ⅛” x 2 ⅛” rectangle from the Basic White using the die and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp the pie at the top of the rectangle in Memento Ink.
- Colour the pie plate with Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp the pie again on scrap piece of Basic White.
- Colour the pie crust using Crumb Cake blends and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Pop up the pie crust on top of the pie plate with Stampin ‘Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment below the pie in Blushing Bride ink.
- Pop up the rectangle on the DSP using Stampin’ Dimensionals.