The Storybook Gnomes 12 x12 designer series paper from Stampin' Up! is the cutest Christmas paper I have seen in a long time. I will admit to not really be a big Gnome fan, but I couldn't resist this paper. Today's featured card requires some fussy cutting of the images, but I think you will agree it is worth it! See my Double Z Fold card HERE for a great Christmas card using the Storybook Gnomes paper with no fuzzy cutting.
Make it yourself!
Even the the complete Gnome collection isn't necessary for this card, I want to show you how cute it is below. The dies cut out the Gnomes on the paper, so the versatility is amazing. I also think this would make a great baby card since the foxes and deer are just so cute.
Did you notice the die cuts also include mushrooms and die cuts to create Gnomes without the stamp set? How amazing is that! Below is what the Gnome looks like cut out. The Kindest Gnomes stamp set and dies are also available as a bundle for a 10% savings. I will include a bonus card recipe at the bottom of this post for you to use. Keep scrolling for all the instructions. Enjoy!
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
November 2022 Host code: KN2QMRMP
Storybook Gnome Cute Christmas Card
- Kindest Gnomes Cling 159616
- Tuxedo Black Memento 132708
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Pool Party: 5 ½ x 8 ½", scored at 4 ¼"
- Basic White: Enough for circle die cut
- Patterned Paper: 4" x 5 ¼", 1"x 5¼" , cut outs from paper
- Stamping and Assembly:
- Adhere the large rectangular piece of the Storybook Gnome patterned paper to the card front.
- Adhere the 1" strip to the left side of the card front as shown.
- Cut out a circle die cut in Basic White using the Stylish Shapes dies.
- Stamp sentiment onto the circle with the black ink and attach to card base either flat or pop up with Stampin' dimensionals.
- Cut out images of the deer, fox and trees. Attach trees directly to circle die cut with adhesive. Pop up the animal images with Stampin' dimensionals.
- Tie ribbon around card base. Bows are overrated (in my opinion) a simple knot will suffice.
Storybook Gnome Fall Card
- Kindest Gnomes Bundle 159626
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Sweet Sorbet Cardstock: 11” x 5.5”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 5.25”
- Happy Forest Friends Designer Paper: 4"x 4”
- Sun Prints Desginer Paper:1.5” x 5”
- Sweet Sorbet Cardstock: 0.5” x 4”
- Scraps Basic White, Gray Granite, Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink for Gnome
- Score and fold the 11” x 5.5” piece of Sweet Sorbet Cardstock
- Layer the Sun Prints Designer Paper behind the Happy Forest Designer paper so the finished size is 5.25” x 4”
- Layer the 0.5” x 4” strip of Sweet Sorbet cardstock over the seam where the two piece of designer paper in step 2 meet
- Wrap the crumbcake twine from the Basic Twine essential pack around the Sweet Sorbet cardstock strip tying a bow off to the left side of the card.
- Using your scraps of paper (Basic White, Gray Granite, Sweet Sorbet, ,Petal Pink) die cut the elements to create the gnome from the Kindest Gnomes Bundle.
- Assemble your Gnome as seen in the photo
- Add Gnome to card front using dimensionals
- On scrap piece of Basic White stamp the greeting using Early Espresso and cut using Paper Snips.
- Add greeting to card front.
- Add 4” x 5.25” piece of Basic White cardstock to include of card.
- Add greeting and or written message to inside of card.