Create this simple thank you card with any patterned paper you have. I chose Stampin' Up! Dandy Designs 12x12 Designer Series Paper that you can earn free during Sale-a-bration. During the months of January and February 2023 only, you can choose this paper free with a $120 order. I love the bright colours and simple graphics in the paper. The Something Fancy bundle and the Sweet Citrus bundle used are from Stampin' Up! and are in the January - April 2023 Mini Catalogue.
Choosing the colours was easy as I simply matched to the paper. Calypso Coral is paired with Mango Melody - two colours that I would not normally pair together - but they work when you coordinate to the paper.
The flowers and leaves are from the Sweet Citrus Bundle by Stampin' Up! I stamped them in Mango Melody and then coloured them with Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends Combo pack and the Mango Melody Stampin' Blends Combo.
The sentiment is layered on the Something Fancy dies. I like being able to mix and match different die cuts to highlight the saying. Scroll down for the full tutorial.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
February 2023 Host code: 2NUQSU62
Something Fancy Thank You card
Classic Ink Pads
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Calypso Coral (Base): 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Dandy Designs 12x12 DSP: 3” x 4” thencut into 3- 1”x4” strips.
- Basic White (die cut): ~4” x 2 ½”; scraps for flowers and leaves
- Mango Melody (die cut): ~ 4 x 2 ½”
Stamping and Assembly:
- Fold the Calypso Coral cardstock in half to form the card base.
- On the 4” x 2 ½ ” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Basic Grey on the right hand side. Die cut the saying out with the rectangular die using the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine.
- On the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, cut out another of the rectangle die cuts using Mango Melody cardstock.
- Cut the Mango Melody die cut in half on a horizontal, diagonal from corner to corner. Layer underneath the Basic White die cut and adhere.
- Stamp some flowers with both Mango Melody and Calypso Coral ink. Add Basic Grey centres.
- Use the Blends markers to colour in the flowers.
- On the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, die cut out the coloured flowers with the matching die.
- Stamp the leaves with Granny Apple Green ink on the Basic White cardstock.
- Die cut out the leaves with the matching die using the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the strips of the Dandy Designs patterned paper to the left side of the card base -leaving small gaps between the 3 strips as shown.
- Attach the stamped and die cut sentiment to the left of the card front using Dimensionals.
- Using a combination of dimensionals and mini glue dots, adhere the leaves and flowers to the sides of the sentiment.
- Add three of the Iridescent Pastel Gems to the front of the card as shown.