We all need to reach out to our friends more often. These watercolour flowers and wonderful sentiments in Stampin' Up!'s Inked and Tiled bundle are perfect to create cards for all your friends and family. The Inked and Tiled stamp set can by found in the 2023 - 2024 Stampin' Up! annual catalogue. It features leaves and wildflower style flowers that stamp as if you painted them yourself. I love the nature inspired stamp sets a lot and this bundle did not disappoint.
Keep reading for a full card tutorial, including measurements that is printable.
As much as I love the botanicals, leaves and flowers in the Inked and Tiled stamp set, I was hesitant to order the bundle from Stampin' Up! It features two punches, that although unique and great shapes, I wasn't sure how they coordinated with the stamp set. I ordered it anyway and am so glad I did!
The geometric shaped punches make fantastic shapes for not only the sentiments but for so much more. The easiest way to use them is to create layers and dimension on your card as seen here beneath the sentiment. See my cards later this week for more fun ways to use the shapes.
The coordinating paper, Inked Botanicals Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up! is just so pretty! I didn't use much in this card design, but check back later this week for cards featuring this pretty patterned paper.
The Inked and Tiled stamp set and Inked and Tiled Punch Pack are available from my store at a bundled savings of 10%. The entire Inked and Tiled suite features pretty Lost Lagoon ¼" bordered ribbon that matches everything perfectly!
Make it yourself!
Hello Friend is one of the many great phrases in the Inked and Tiled stamp set by Stampin' Up! You could easily swap out this saying for Happy Birthday or Thank you, all of which are included in the stamp set. Each of the great sentiments fits into one of the punches included in the Inked and Tiled Punch Pack by Stampin' Up!
I used the new (well everything old is new again right?) colour, Lost Lagoon cardstock. It is one of my favourites and pairs well with the Calypso Coral ink colour. Stampin' Up makes it easy to choose colours, this combination comes from the Inked Botanicals 6" x6" designer series paper pack. The paper really is so pretty, it places this suite in the must have category for sure.
Keep reading for the complete tutorial available for you to print out and save.
Do you live in Canada?
If you need any stamping supplies from Stampin' Up! Canada, please click on any of the links to be directed to my store or please contact me. I am always happy to answer questions and help stampers. I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Enter this month's host code to your order to receive my free set of monthly tutorials, complete with instructions, supplies and measurements. For help ordering, see my SHOP page or email me.
August 2023 Host code: XXXXMPEZ
Watercolour Flowers card with Inked and Tiled Stampin' Up! bundle
- Inked and Tiled 161158*
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Basic White Thick (cardbase): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Lost Lagoon (background): 4” x 5 ¼”
- Calypso Coral: 3 ¼” x 4”
- Basic White (stamped layer): 3” x 4”
- Basic White (sentiment -scrap): approx. 2” x 2”
- Inked Botanicals (detail behind sentiment-scrap): approx. 2” x 2”
Stamping and Assembly
- Score the Basic White Thick Cardstock at 4 ¼” and fold on the score mark to create your card base.
- Stamp the small flower diagonally across the Lost Lagoon background using Lost Lagoon ink.
- Wrap the Lost Lagoon ribbon around the bottom ⅓ of the background cardstock. Adhere to the back on either side.
- Adhere the Lost Lagoon background, with the ribbon adhered, to the card front.
- Adhere the Calypso Coral layer slightly off to the left side of the card front.
- Stamp the leaf image onto the Basic White stamped layer once with Lost Lagoon ink. Without reinking, stamp 2 more times beside the first leaf image.
- Use the Pretty Peacock ink, carefully ink up the stems of the flower stamp. If necessary, wipe off any excess on the flowers. Use a sponge dauber to ink the flowers with Calypso Coral ink.
- Adhere the stamped Basic White layer to the card front, centered to the Calypso Coral layer as shown.
- Stamp the words “hello, Friend” in Calypso Coral Ink on the scrap of Basic White cardstock. Punch out as shown.
- Punch out the large shape from the Inked Botanicals paper. I chose a design that was predominantly Calypso Coral. Cut in half with your paper snips.
- Adhere each half to the left and right of the punched out sentiment as shown.
- Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.