The "All Squared Away" bundle from Stampin' Up! is easy to miss in the annual catalogue. It contains four floral squares that are each whimsical or more modern, depending on your point of view. I will be sharing many different cards over the next little while featuring the all squared away bundle. Why? Because I love the modern look and how easy it is to create fantastic cards with it.
I am starting with my favourite card with my favourite new paper - yes, the cork 12x12 specialty paper is being featured again. Find more card ideas using the cork paper HERE and HERE. The texture takes this card from a good design to a great design!
Make it yourself:
The matching stamp set contains a fun font and sentiments that especially suit birthdays. Choose your favourite colour combinations for the strips. I chose slightly earthy colours to coordinate with the cork 12x12 specialty paper. Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron go very well with each other.
The hardest part of this card is weaving the strips through the floral square in the All Squared Away bundle. I added the Baker's twine to tie the white together. The twine suits the earthy feel of the cork paper.
Scroll down for a complete tutorial to print or save.
If you are in Canada and would like to make this yourself you can purchase the supplies needed HERE in my store.
All Squared Away Birthday Card
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Basic White (base): 5 ½” x 4 ¼” and (for die cut): 2” x 2”
- So Saffron: 5 ¼” x 4” and ½” x 3 ¾” strip
- Cork 12x12 Specialty paper: 3 ¾“ x 5”
- Pear Pizzazz: ½” x 3 ¾” strip
- Calypso Coral: ½” x 3 ¾” strip
- Score card base at 4 ¼“ and fold.
- Adhere the Cork Specialty paper to the So Saffron cardstock.
- Wrap the white twine several times around the right-hand side, adhering with Stampin’ Seal adhesive on the back.
- Adhere to the Basic White card base.
- Die cut the square flower image out of the Basic White.
- Stamp the saying on the Pear Pizzazz strip, to the far left, with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and then heat set.
- Cut the ends of each strip on an angle.
- Adhere the So Saffron and Calypso Coral strips to the card front leaving ½”, or slightly less, between them.
- Weave the Pear Pizzazz strip through the flower die and attach both with Stampin’ Dimensionals.