Who doesn't love snowflakes? Christmas and snowflakes go so well together that despite the non-traditional colour scheme, this card is still Christmassy. (not sure if that is a word!) This card works well is you want a design that is quick and easy. Create one or twenty in a short amount of time. Make sure you scroll down for the full instructions to print or download.
Make it yourself:
I used Stampin' Up!'s Layering Circles to die cut the circle on the Whimsy and Wonder designer series paper. The Night of Navy cardstock then shows through. Alternatively, you could punch out a circle. You could also add a Night of Navy circle on top of the patterned paper instead - it will give a slightly different look and you will need to decide what you like best.
The Wonderful Snowflakes come in a package of 24 - so enough to make lots of cards.
Using different designs in the patterned paper would look wonderful as well. Try it yourself and be sure to post a picture in the comments.
Do you live in Canada? If you love this card design, you can purchase supplies to make it and support my business by shopping with me. See the products used HERE.
Wonderful Snowflake Christmas Card
- Whimsical Trees stamp set
- Whimsy and Wonder 12x12 designer series paper
- Wonderful Snowflakes embellishments
- Basic White 8 ½ x 11 cardstock
- Night of Navy 8 ½ x 11 cardstock
- Night of Navy ink pad
- Blushing Bride Grosgrain Frayed ribbon
- From my Heart Faceted gems
- Stitched so Sweetly dies
- Layering Circles dies
Cut paper to the following sizes:
- Basic White Cardstock: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4¼”; small scrap for Joy sentiment
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 5 ¼“ x 4”,
- Designer Series Paper: 5” x 3 ¾“
- Stamp the "Joy" sentiment on the scrap white piece. Die cut as shown.
- Die cut a circle in the top third of the patterned paper as shown.
- Score the Basic White cardstock in half and fold to create the cardbase.
- Adhere the die cut patterned paper to the Night of Navy cardstock layer
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere to the Basic White card front.
- Adhere the snowflake to the centre of the Night of Navy circle cut out.
- Cut a 2 ½“ piece of ribbon. Adhere as shown.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment.
- Add some From my Heart Faceted Gems to the front to add some extra bling. I use the Multitool or the tip of my scissors to help.
Leave a Reply